CellTracker™ Lentiviral Barcode Library
Cellecta’s CellTracker™ 50M Lentiviral Barcode Library enables the tracking of individual clones derived from a population of cells. The library contains more than 50 million lentiviral constructs with different barcode sequences. When a cell population is transduced with this barcode library, the barcodes integrate into the genomic DNA of the cells. The result is a select starter founder population where almost every cell has a different, heritable, DNA-sequenceable barcode integrated into its genomic DNA.
Since the barcode is stably integrated, it is passed onto any cell progeny when genomic DNA is replicated. This feature allows researchers to track cell proliferation over the course of an experiment. For instance, it is possible to:
- Track the fate of cell clones over a course of drug treatment
- Study the effect of differentiation on hematopoietic cells
- Assess the effect of treatment on implanted tumor cell populations
Advantages of Barcodes with Precise, Known Sequences
- Broad Applicability: VSV-g pseudotyped lentiviral particles efficiently transduce virtually any mammalian cells
- Easy quantitation: Library contains 50 million barcodes designed to be easily sequenced with Illumina NextSeq, HiSeq, and GAIIx NGS platforms
- Cell tracking, simplified: Label as many as 1 million cells with unique barcodes in one experiment
Stable Barcode Integration Permanently Labels Cells
- When transduced into cells, lentiviral vectors integrate into the host cell genome
- As the host cells divide, the barcode sequences in the lentiviral vector will also replicate and be passed onto daughter cells
- Cells can be treated, grown for several passages, frozen and thawed, and the sequences within the lentiviral vector will remain in the host cell
- After selection, treatment, or differentiation, just extract genomic DNA, amplify, and sequence to identify and quantify barcodes present in the selected cell population
|LFVC1||LentiFuge™ Viral Concentration Reagent||Kits||$325.00|| ||325|
|CPCP-K2A||Ready-to-Use Lentiviral Packaging Plasmid Mix||Kits||$325.00|| ||325|
A convenient Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Analysis Kit (Catalog# LNGS-200), containing all the necessary primers specific to the CellTracker barcode libraries, is also available to rapidly prepare the libraries for sequencing.
Please email email@example.com with additional questions.
Next-Gen Sequencing and Analysis
The CellTracker™ libraries are provided with a complete protocol and all sequencing information to enable researchers to perform experiments and extract the data. However, we also provide Next-Gen Sequencing and analysis services for researchers running their own screens with our libraries. Just provide harvested cells or tissue for each time point or treatment condition (one sample), and we’ll extract DNA, amplify the barcodes, sequence, and assemble the data with some basic analysis.
You provide Cellecta with frozen cell pellets or tissue after screening…
…and Cellecta does the rest:
- Extracts genomic DNA
- Amplifies barcodes
- Performs NGS on the Illumina NextSeq or HiSeq
- Enumerate barcode counts from raw sequencing data
Please see the Next-Gen Sequencing and Analysis web page for additional information and instructions on how to order.
- Sancho P, Burgos-Ramos E, Tavera A, Bou Kheir T, Jagust P, Schoenhals M, Barneda D, Sellers K, Campos-Olivas R, Graña O, Viera CR, Yuneva M, Sainz B Jr, Heeschen C. MYC/PGC-1α Balance Determines the Metabolic Phenotype and Plasticity of Pancreatic Cancer Stem Cells. Cell Metab. 2015 Oct 6;22(4):590-605. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2015.08.015. Epub 2015 Sep 10. PubMed PMID: 26365176.