DriverMap Targeted RNA Sequencing
Genome-wide expression analysis that combines the sensitivity of multiplex PCR with the dynamic range and throughput of NGS
- Start with as little as 10 pg total RNA—no mRNA enrichment
- One-tube, one-day protocol from RNA to NGS library for sequencing
- Multiplex NGS readout using Illumina system—no adaptor ligation step
- More sensitivity than RNA-Seq with 5-10-fold less sequencing depth
- Simplified analysis against reference sequences—genomic alignment not needed
- DirectCell protocol to analyze cells directly in oligo-dT microtiter plates—no RNA purification
The DriverMap™ Human Genome-Wide Targeted Expression Profiling Assay enables researchers to simultaneously measure the expression level of almost 19,000 human protein-coding genes in a single assay. By combining highly multiplexed RT-PCR amplification with the depth and precision of next-generation sequencing (NGS) quantitation, the DriverMap assay provides convenient, comprehensive, highly sensitive, and quantitative measurement of gene expression from total RNA.
The DriverMap assay starts with total RNA. The targeted, validated primers used in the DriverMap assay specifically amplify the target transcript amplicon sequences with minimal background from other non-target RNAs. As a result, total RNA can be assayed directly without removal of rRNA or globin components. No mRNA enrichment is needed. Any standard RNA sample for RT-PCR is suitable for DriverMap analysis, including total RNA from cells, frozen tissue, fine needle aspirate (FNA), whole blood, peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs), and mouse patient-derived xenograft (PDX) isolates.
In addition, the DriverMap assay specifically amplifies human transcripts in a background of mouse or other non-human RNAs. This feature makes it an excellent choice for analysis of PDX samples or similar mixed samples with RNA from human and other organisms.
Cellecta’s DriverMap Human Genome-Wide Expression Profiling Kit provides all primers, enzymes, and reagents to run the kit the targeted RNA Sequencing in your lab.
Follow the DirectCell Protocol to profile RNA expression directly from cells in culture. Just lyse and go, with no previous RNA purification required.
Convenient, Fast, and Accurate RNA Analysis for a Wide Range of Samples
- Biomarker Discovery from Whole Blood Samples—use whole blood RNA (e.g., PAXgene) without previous globin and ribosomal RNA depletion.
- Circulating Tumor Cell (CTC) Detection in Whole Blood—no enrichment step needed.
- Tumor Cellular Composition Analysis—comprehensive expression profiles to assess tumor/stromal cell content and profile infiltrating immune cell types
- Patient-Derived Xenograft (PDX) Models— obtain human-specific expression profiles without separation of human cells from model-animal background cells
- Expression Analysis of Cell Lines—easy 96- or 384-well single-tube protocol facilitates identification of the mechanisms of chemical and genetic perturbations
- Expression Profiling of Rare and Limited Cell Populations—comprehensive analysis with limited numbers of cells isolated by FACS, magnetic beads or microfluidics, fine needle biopsies, and laser capture microdissection.