Lentiviral Packaging Plasmid Mix
Cellecta’s Ready-to-Use Lentiviral Packaging Plasmid Mix allows the production of pseudoviral particles when mixed with second- or third-generation lentiviral vectors. The Packaging Plasmid Mix is a mixture of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) lentiviral packaging plasmid psPAX2 and the pMD2.G plasmid containing VSV-G. These plasmids provide all the necessary structural, regulatory, and replication proteins required to produce pseudotyped packaged lentiviral expression constructs when co-transfected with an HIV-based lentiviral expression construct (e.g. Cellecta pRSI shRNA expression constructs) into a producer 293T cell line (e.g. ATCC, Cat.# CRL-11268™). Pseudotyped lentiviral particles with VSV-G envelope protein can infect a variety of mammalian or non-mammalian, dividing or non-dividing cells. The kit contains 250 µg of lentiviral packaging plasmid mix that will be sufficient for 25 transfections in 10-cm culture plates.
Cellecta’s packaging plasmid mix contains tested anion-exchange purified packaging plasmids pre-mixed at the proper ratio for optimal production of packaged VSV-g pseudotyped lentiviral particles. This reagent is used in conjunction with HEK 293T cells.
The Ready-to-Use Lentiviral Packaging Plasmid Mix is compatible with most commercially-available second- and third-generation lentiviral vectors.
One of our customers has compared our lentiviral packaging mix with packaging mixes from two competitors. The same lentiviral vector that expresses firefly luciferase was used in all three packaging protocols. Each lentivector was packaged according to the manufacturer’s instructions in 293T cells. Collected virus was used fresh to transduce 293T cells for 48 hours. Firefly luciferase activity was assayed using a standard protocol and compared to untransduced cells. The results show a 30% improvement with Cellecta’s mix over the mixes from both competitors.
Associated User Manuals
Pooled CRISPR sgRNA Libraries
- CRISPR Pooled Lentiviral sgRNA Libraries (Online Manual or PDF)
Pooled shRNA Libraries
- RNAi Pooled Lentiviral shRNA Libraries (Online Manual or PDF)
NOTE: This User Manual replaces all previous shRNA library manuals.
Barcode Cell Labeling
- CloneTracker™ XP Lentiviral Expressed Barcode Libraries (Online Manual or PDF)
- CloneTracker™ 50M (previously CellTracker, 13K x 13K) Lentiviral Barcode Library (Online Manual or PDF)
- CloneTracker™ (previously CellTracker) Barcode Cell Labeling Kits (Online Manual or PDF)
- Packaging, Titering, and Transduction of Lentiviral Constructs (Online Manual or PDF)
- LentiFuge™ Viral Concentration Reagent (PDF)