Research Scientist I
Posted January 3, 2017
Cellecta, a Mountain View, CA biotechnology company providing products and services to life science laboratories, is looking for a dynamic, energetic, experienced Ph.D level scientist to develop novel technologies and perform contract research services in the areas of gene editing and functional genomics.
- Drug and drug target discovery laboratory research experience required.
- Good grant writing skills; bonuses are commensurate with ability to turn ideas into grants.
- Desire and interest to develop next-generation high-throughput technologies for systems biology, functional genomics, drug screening, etc.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in cell biology, viral delivery technology, bioassays, flow cytometry, and molecular biology techniques.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently.
- Proven ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a deadline-oriented work environment.
- Flexible and able to work weekends for cell culture maintenance if necessary.
- Ph.D in Cell Biology, Virology, Molecular Biology or similar.
- Minimum of 3 year post doc experience in academic or commercial lab.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong bioinformatics computer skills a plus.
Applications from principals only please. Cellecta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Start Date: Immediately
Submit Resume to: email@example.com