Production Manager, for Life Science Kits and Reagents
Mountain View, CA
Cellecta, a small, privately owned Mountain View, CA based biotechnology company providing products and services to life science laboratories, is looking for someone to manage and maintain inventory, production, quality control, and expedite the launch of new reagents and kits.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented team player that will oversee production and inventory control for an expanding handful of off-the-shelf kits and reagents for life science researchers. The individual in this role will be required to plan and implement production to maintain stock inventories for sales, track production lots, manage procurement of raw materials, ensure component and product QC, coordinate and execute shipments of off-the-shelf items, and manage the logistics of transitioning new technology into commercial products. Since most of the current company operations focus on providing customized services, the person in this role needs to be a self-starter that is willing to do hands-on work while also developing the processes and tools necessary to create a more efficient overall process and grow this segment of the business.
- Commercial experience providing kits and reagents to basic and preclinical life science researchers.
- Experience in inventory tracking and production of multicomponent kits and assays for biological science laboratories.
- Familiarity with procuring reagents, enzymes, and buffers, negotiating with raw material suppliers and OEM providers, and sourcing packaging items.
- Knowledgeable about lot tracking, batch tracking, cost of goods, design specifications, research laboratory product documentation, labeling procedures, and other elements required for commercial production of research laboratory products.
- Hands-on laboratory experience with a strong background in genomics, molecular or cell biology, or related field.
- High facility with generally accessible software (e.g., Excel, Google Sheets, Database or Inventory software, Outlook, etc) to create tools to manage data and workflow. Perl, MySQL, and QuickBooks experience a plus.
If interested, please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications from principals only please. Cellecta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.