CRISPR-Test Functional Cas9/dCas9 Assay Kits
Would you like to know if Cas9 is active in your cells? Cellecta’s CRISPR-Test™ assay kits accurately assess Cas9 activity in your cell line using two pre-mixed, lentiviral-packaged vectors:
- one viral mix has a green fluorescent protein (GFP) lentivirus that responds to the specific Cas9 activity measured by the kit, whether nuclease, gene repression or gene activation
- the other prepared lentiviral mix contains a red fluorescent protein (RFP) marker and functions as a control
In each assay, a test population of cells is split into two wells. The responsive viral mix is introduced to one of the wells and the control virus to the other. After some days of incubation, cells from both cultures are analyzed by FACS. The ratio of GFP to RFP in the responsive population indicates the activity of the Cas9 variant being measured.
Also, still available is our original CRISPRtest Cas9 Assay Kit that relies on the same FACS-based GFP:RFP readout to quantitatively assess Cas9 activity by targeting an endogenous gene required for human cell viability.
CRISPRtest workflow. Cas9 cell line and parental cells are transduced with the CRISPRtest virus. A few days after transduction, a portion of the cells is analyzed by flow cytometry to determine GFP:RFP ratio. These ratios are then used to calculate the percentage knockout, which is an assessment of Cas9 activity.
To make it easier for researchers to make cells that optimally express Cas9 or dCas9 repressor or activator proteins, Cellecta offers a combination of four Cas9 expression constructs at a reduced price when purchased in conjunction with one of the CRISPR-Test Assays.
As described below, you can get four packaged Cas9 or dCas9 expression constructs—each with the Cas9 protein driven by a different promoter (CMV, EFS, RSV, and SFFV)—at half price, a $1,000 savings, when purchased together with the appropriate CRISPR-Test Assay.
- The CRISPRuTest™ Cas9 Assay Set (Cat.# CRUTB-SET) comes with the CRISPRuTest Kit (Cat.# CRUTEST) and 1×106 TU of each of the following Cas9 expression vectors:
- The CRISPRiTest™ dCas9-Repressor Assay Set (Cat.# CRITB-SET) comes with the CRISPRiTest Kit (Cat.# CRITEST) and 1×106 TU of each of the following dCas9 expression vectors:
- The CRISPRaTest™ dCas9-Activator Assay Set (Cat.# CRATB-SET) comes with the CRISPRaTest Kit (Cat.# CRATEST) and 1×106 TU of each of the following dCas9 expression vectors:
CRISPR-Test Kits only
1 kit is suitable for testing 5-15 mammalian cell lines.
|CRATEST||CRISPRaTest™ Functional dCas9-Activator Assay Kit||1 kit (for 5-15 cell lines)||$850.00|| |
|CRITEST||CRISPRiTest™ Functional dCas9-Repressor Assay Kit||1 kit (for 5-10 cell lines)||$850.00|| |
|CRTEST||CRISPRtest™ Functional Cas9 Activity Kit for Human Cells||1 kit (for 5 cell lines)||$750.00|| |
|CRUTEST||CRISPRuTest™ Functional Cas9 Activity Assay Kit for Any Cell (Mammalian)||1 kit (for 5-15 cell lines)||$850.00|| |
CRISPR-Test Kits with four packaged Cas9 or dCas9 expression constructs (each with a different promoter)
1 kit tests 5-15 cell lines. 1×106 TU of each construct is provided.
|CRITB-SET||CRISPRiTest™ dCas9-Repressor Assay / 4x dCas9-KRAB (SVKRABC9P-VS, SVKRABC9E2B-VS, SVKRABC9RP-VS, SVKRABC9SFB-VS)||1 kit + 4 dCas9 Constructs||$1,850.00|| |
|CRUTB-SET||CRISPRuTest™ Cas9 Assay / 4x Cas9 Constructs (SVC9P-VS, SVC9E2B-VS, SVC9RP-VS, SVC9SFB-VS)||1 kit + 4 Cas9 Constructs||$1,850.00|| |
|CRATB-SET||CRISPRaTest™ dCas9-Repressor Assay / 4x dCas9-KRAB (SVKRABC9P-VS, SVKRABC9E2B-VS, SVKRABC9RP-VS, SVKRABC9SFB-VS)||1 kit + 4 dCas9 Constructs||$1,850.00|| |
For more product information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CRISPRuTest™ Functional Cas9 Activity Assay Kit for All Cells (Mammalian) (Online Manual or PDF)
- CRISPRaTest™ Functional dCas9-Activator Assay Kit (Online Manual or PDF)
- CRISPRiTest™ Functional dCas9-Repressor Assay Kit (Online Manual or PDF)
- CRISPRtest™ Functional Cas9 Activity Kit (PDF)
- CRISPR-Test™ Assay Kits (PDF)